There is a chain letter on Facebook asking friends to list a number of facts about themselves that most people don’t know. I received a request earlier today from my yoga friend Alexis for seven facts. I responded with the following:
1. My parents had four boys and no girls, and I had four boys and no girls, and that explains why I know so little about women.
2. I am tone deaf and rhythm-free, and that explains why I avoid the dance floor.
3. My hometown had only 300 people and my high school class had only nine kids, and that explains why I was able to play basketball for the mighty Wildcats and win the high school Ping-Pong championship.
4. While in high school, I feel in love with “Gone with the Wind” and considered changing my name to Rhett Ezekiel Bayou (REB).
5. While in college in the early 70s, I was an anti-war socialist.
6. I spent the winter between college and law school in El Cajon, CA working as a Pinkerton night watchman, during which I wrote a steamy 90-page screenplay that was summarily rejected by two movie producers;
7. I hate to travel, but love spending time in Manhattan (and the outer boroughs).